Athlete’s Best™ Ultra Pure Magnesium Oil with MSM is the gold standard for quick and efficient restoration of intracellular magnesium levels. Our formula contains a high concentration of 100% naturally occurring magnesium chloride and other trace minerals, drawn from the ancient Zechstein Sea, and also incorporates the unique synergistic benefits of MSM. As a topical, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) enhances cell membrane permeability and may facilitate more efficient uptake of magnesium ions.
Magnesium plays an important role in the body, being required for more than 300 enzymatic reactions including those involved in the synthesis of fat, protein and nucleic acids, neurological activity, muscular contraction and relaxation, cardiac activity, bone metabolism and cellular energy.
Athlete’s Best™ magnesium is extracted in its 100% raw natural state, unmatched in purity and quality.
Magnesium impacts nearly all of systems of the body due to its cellular and molecular function. As a fundamental ion in the body (a charged particle soluble in water) magnesium is utilized in key chemical reactions on a microscopic level throughout the body’s cells, including its vital role as a co-factor to over 300 enzyme functions, and its role in DNA and RNA stability. Magnesium functions as a regulator of electrolyte balance, metabolism, and other biochemical reactions. It is especially important for the athlete as magnesium is expelled from muscles during exercise. It’s an essential mineral for normal muscle function, and plays a central role in the conversion of carbohydrates. Not only that, but it plays a pivotal role in the recovery process (protein biosynthesis) of rebuilding muscle after exercise.
- Is an important factor in muscle relaxation and heart health
- Allows nerves to send messages in the brain and nervous system
- Aids and regulates the body’s use of calcium and other minerals
- Assists in bone and teeth formation
- Regulates the metabolism of nutrients such as protein, nucleic acids, fats and carbohydrates
- Regulates cholesterol production and helps modulate insulin sensitivity
- Assists in energy production, DNA transcription and protein synthesis
- Maintains the structural health of cell membranes throughout the body
Methylsulfonylmethane (as OptiMSM®):
- Helps combat exercise-induced inflammation
- Decreases measures of muscle damage and soreness
- Reduces oxidative stress following exercise
- Promotes connective tissue repair and regeneration by decreasing Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species
- Increases overall antioxidant defense
- Supports healthy joints and range of motion
- Prevents cartilage breakdown